The Cedar Lake Ladies Auxiliary (CLLA) has a longstanding history since it’s formalization in August 1946. In fact, it’s predecessor was the Woman’s Club of Cedar Lake (to whom we are deeply indebted for our cherished Clubhouse) which was formed in 1928 and predated the Cedar Lake Community Club by 11 years. Lyde B. Walker was the group’s first president. They had been meeting for years at Mrs. Booth’s house (14 Cedar Lake West) and later at the Rambler Inn (also called Hummell’s Store or Dance Hall, at 22 Cedar Lake East). Mrs. Wm. Green was vice president, Mrs. Meinecke 2nd vice president, Miss Carlotta Cole was secretary, Mrs. E.W. Jacobs was assistant secretary, and Mrs. Fred C. Henn was treasurer. The women held card parties, food sales, bazaars and various other events each year to save money for the clubhouse, which was opened July 4, 1931.